Thursday, February 27, 2014

Ready for Spring

I love giving gifts. I always have. Whether is something small just to say I love you or planning out a big surprise, I just love giving.

I will go ahead and tell you, I am a sucker for my family. If I see something neat, I want it for everyone. On night last week as I was shopping, I scored big on some really nice baseball caps. Knowing what I wanted to do with them, I bought assorted colors that I knew my SILs (sister n law) would liked (I have five of them). I knew these would be great to use at the pool, working in the yard, and taming a bad hair day.

After merging fonts together, I took the hats over to my single needle embroidery machine and crossed my fingers that I could figure out some way to add monograms to the hats with out needing any special embroidery hoops.


Each hat I flattened the front as much as possible and pinned the hat flat to the stabilizer.


I added each sister's monogram to the front of the hats. For the monogram font, I used KK font from 8 Claws and a Paw Embroidery.

I think they turned out beautiful!!!  They all loved them!  This hat is pink, even though it looks red.




Megan's hat is burgundy. This will go with all of her Gamecocks attire. She is a huge fan!


Jennifer's hat is pink, she is sassy like that.  She loves all things pink!



For Nicole, I used a beautiful teal thread on a Khaki hat. I love these colors together.

I did do one for my mom. Her hat is navy with a white monogram. I have one SIL hat left to finish.

Like always, I haven't made one for me. I do have more hats, because like I said earlier, these hats were too good of a deal to pass up. I will be making one for Kayla as she starts softball practice next week.

I have plenty of more projects to work on, but this semester has been keeping me BUSY!  

No comments:

Post a Comment